Friday, September 14, 2012

A new begining!!!

WriteUp Cafe - Together we Write
My first entry to any contest and my first win in such contest too :)

                                                                   * Image courtesy - Google.



My eyes suddenly opened, waking me in the dark. I looked around for light and  opened the window to welcome the dawn. As I soaked in the grey light of the frosty morning, it felt special. For a long time I peeped out until the first ray of the sun kissed my face and bestirred me. 'I have to get started' - I was reminded. I came back looking for my belongings......... when suddenly I looked into the mirror. 

For a second I froze.
I quickly ensconced myself in the chair facing the looking glass, agape  in disbelief and started penning this in my diary.
 ....................................................................


Oh, is that Me?
“Hey darling, look at you!
I do not believe what I see or is this the mirror playing a game of deception?.

 You are not preening in front of the mirror. There’s not even an iota of make-up on your face. In fact no amount of it has ever managed to make you look this earthy. The glow that you radiate is unmatching, the complexion so radiant, the lips just seductively rosy. The curly locks are so calmly resting on your shoulders. There is a serenity on the face like an ocean. And an aura so divine.

Here you are looking every inch a goddess. A treasure trove of beauty!!!

As the morning rays hit your face from the window, your radiance manifolds. The flowers are all over your bed, and the fragrance in every corner of your room. The jewellery that adorned you last evening were gently removed piece by piece and kept on the table. They still remain there. ……… The crimson red saree lies on the floor ,now crushed and all creased. The  red vermilion, happy to be a part of you from now on is crowning your forehead. Red has always been your favorite, isn’t it?

And there you smile! This involuntary blush on your glowing cheeks, this resplendence of joy in your eyes. How can I miss this! They are speaking volumes of what has happened just a few moments back.
The night past by has been magical in so many ways. As it unfolded, it  touched the deepest pit of your soul. It embraced you with strokes of sheer love and unbridled passion. As you locked your lips and surrendered your body, the love began kissing your innermost desire. You felt like never before.
The night that it was – life changing! 

As your eyes met and bodies swayed, your yearnings hurried like clouds.They echoed in the four walls, each beat of heart being audible like the murmurings of the wind in the silence of wilderness. You In the arms of your man lived a thousand moments.
The night that it was - a bliss of boundless love!!

Touched!! ain't you ? As now you know what being loved means. Its now that you feel as beautiful as you always wanted to. Its Now that you are - a complete woman. 

And today on this special morning, I wish you a happy beginning to a new life!

May you cherish togetherness and celebrate love forever.

And may it never ceases to glow on your face.
Take care ...........my gorgeous new bride :)


Love......
Me!!!
....................................................................................................................................................
This post is part of the contest A letter to yourself.. on WriteUpCafe.com

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful....romantic and mystic...loved this one!!

    Amazingly written...loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. an ode to the mirror?
    or on you? :P


    just stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  3. An ode to the bride...........it is!

    By the way am delighted that someone from Mars is stopping by here :P

    Thanks for coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Sukku, this is brilliant, in fact very poetic

    Also reminds me of my post :Stranger in the Night!!! btw, do stop by my blog!! I'd love your visits & comments!

    Thanks for that lovely bump! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. I did check you post "Stranger in the night" and loved it.
      Thanks for coming here :)

      Delete
  5. Great post. So vivid! :)

    I have an award waiting for you over at my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete